Hello

I am a rank newbie to FEMM I downloaded the program about a week ago. The
installation went smoothly, the tutorial is wonderful, the manual has a
great deal of information in it that is a bit beyond my depth and a great
deal that will be highly useful, once I have digested it.

I find that as soon as I get beyond the guidance of the tutorial, (even
doing modifications of lessons) I generate multiple malfunctions based on
unclosed boundaries, etc.

Additionally, my professional background is in business, machining and
manufacturing. Physics and electronics are primarily hobbies for me, and
although I have learned more than most people about these subjects, I still
have the disability that most self-educated people have, there are gaping
holes in my knowledge base where solid fundamentals should be instead.

I will patiently work through the manual, and in time most of the
information will become meaningful. In the meantime, if their are
individuals who can share files, or archives that I can consult, I would
appreciate any assistance I receive. In fact, if there are any knowledgeable
and experienced individuals who would be willing to collaborate with me on a
design for a solenoid based linear motor, or a set of designs for a small
permanent magnet motor, I would be most happy indeed.

Thanks,

Tony Gallistel
A. Gallistel, Llc