Hello

I am undergoing my thesis and I am a undergraduate student. My field of study is Mechanical Engineering. I am not familiar with magnetism and need you all help.

For my Thesis, I design a magnetic separator. I decide to use permanent magnet. The solid waste stream go thru below of a large magnet which will attract magnetic material and the large magnet’s cleaning apparatus (conveyor) will carry the ferrous material into a chute where the left of waste will continue for other separation process.

I wish to use FEMM 3.1 to perform the magnetic simulation, but I dunno how to start. I think I will read thru the help file and tutorial but dunno how to start the analysis. Can the software calculate the most effective distance between magnet and conveyor (which carry the waste stream)

How to obtain the force produce by magnet which pull up a magnetic material (ferrous).

Anyone please help me. Reply this massage to mok@xxxxxxx or luen@xxxxxxxxxxxx