Re: [femm] Paper that uses FEMM

At 20:12 31/01/2002 -0500, you wrote:
Alexandre Carvalho wrote:
 Good morning for all.
I am writing my master degree thesis and I used FEMM
to calculate de magnetic flux B in a sensor. I am
needing a paper or a thesis that uses FEMM too because
I need to reference this paper in my thesis to
validade the calculated results. If some one can help
me...
I am sending a paper to ilustrate my application.

Thanks for your help.

Alexandre Miguel de Carvalho.
Electrical Engineer.

I've had crashed on both my work and home machines in the last 6 weeks, so I've lost some of the papers that people had sent me in which femm was used.  I think Keith Gregory had one, and there were also several of others that I lost.  (To those who had sent me copies before: could you resend them?  Since the website's move to Berlios, there is a lot more space so that I could host femm-related papers up on the website.)  Anyhow, there are some that are currently on the web:

David is right, I did use FEMM for some published work. I didn't think it fitted your requirements since I used FEMM to illustrate relative force magnitudes and directions and didn't validate its results in any way. However, if it is any use:

A R Hoyle, K Gregory and I R Smith, "A recoilless electromagnetic launcher for model validation", Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics Volume 33 (2000) pp 120-126.

I think it can be obtained as a pdf from the IOP web site.

Keith.