[no subject]

There is no question that a 3D version of FEMM would help me
in the work I'm doing. (Permanent Magnet linear motors).
But here's a trick based on the way the 3D graphics market
evolved about 15 years ago... The symmetrical capability
in FEMM right now could be expanded.

This only makes sense as an intermediate step... The long term
goal should continue to be full 3D capability. But in the mean
time....

Right now you can do axisymmetric models in FEMM. If that
could be expanded to allow a single 3D vector, lots of projects
become do-able without the huge effort in math needed for full
3D models. The idea would be to add a single depth vector, and
build elements that extend past the ends of the 3D vector by
some dimension.

So you could model any set of objects that are aligned along
at least one axis and that have uniform depth.

The other item on my wish list is modeling over time, so that you
could see the momentary and cumulative behavior of motors and
other moving systems.... And I know just how tall an order that is.

Go for it. Hope this helps.

Richard W. Davis
WNS New Services and Network Capabilities
Office 425 580 8860
Mobile 206 890 4328