Re: [femm] gauss

Keith is right.
10,000 gauss equals 1 Tesla.
But the question was not a good one because gauss is not a unit of
force. It is a unit of flux. Flux interactions create forces, but
that is not the same thing as flux. You have a problem with
dimensional analysis here similar to there being no direct relationship
between meters and grams. See what I mean? The question how many
grams in a meter is a non-sequitur. It's the wrong question.

With FEMM you can measure the force created by a field you
set up with a coil, but the force is not the field.

Check the manual and you should start to see how to do this
force measurement you need.

Regards,
Dave Squires