Metals

Hello all,

As some of you know I am currently workingon a coilgun project.   I was wondering if anyone could give me suggestions on good metals to use as the projectile and where to purchase them?   So far I had silicon iron suggested...  but I can't seem to find any place that sells it.   I need about a foot long section of 3/8" diameter or less...  thanks for any help you may be able to offer.

Samuel Winchenbach
swinchen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
University of Maine - Electrical Engineering
207-581-7535