-----Original Message-----
From: martin_siebert_timmer [mailto:siebertm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent:	Wednesday, March 20, 2002 5:51 PM
To:	femm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:	[femm] Re: Metals

Hi Eric,

Heat treating with the objective to enhance magnetic properties is an
interesting subject. One of the best references on this subject I
have come across is:

Ferromagnetism by Richard M. Bozorth, IEEE Press ISBN o-7803-1032-2

It is not cheap but well worth it! You can order it online if I am
not mistaken - through IEEE.org

Other than heat treating, it also deals will Alloying, Stress and
Magnetistriction, Temperature and Curie Point to name a few. A very
comprehensive text.

Regards,

Martin