From: Charlie Popeck [mailto:cpopeck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 21 March 2002 15:34
To: femm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [femm] Re: Metals

Back in 1957 I worked for a company that was planning to get into high
voltage distribution transformers for electric utilities. The idea was to
use a wound core of something other than the conventional silicon steels and
obtain the desired properties through an annealing process. Prototypes were
made but the project never got off the ground. I suggest you do a patent
search on the U.S Patent Office web site. This could possibly give you some
insight as to what has been attempted.