AC Solenoid example

I am trying to model an AC solenoid. I do not understand how to
drive the coil. For DC I already know the resistance of the coil so
it is simple to determine what the coil current will be. I enter
this either as a current density in the material properties dialog
box or as a current in the circuit dialog box.

For AC, the inductive reactance depends not only on the coil, which I
can compute, but also on the configuration of the solenoid
components, which is not easy to compute. I would assume this is one
of the reasons you would use FEMM anyway! How do I apply current to
the model when I don't yet know what the inductive reactance is?

If anyone has an example of an AC solenoid model I would appreciate
it very much. Thank you.

Brian Earl