Re: [femm] complex torque

smaïl mezani wrote:
Hello folks,

When calculating a torque from stress tensor of an
induction motor, two values are displayed :
- a DC torque
- a double frequency torque in complex form

So, what is the meaning of the complex torque and how
is it cmputed?

Thank you for any comment.
All of the elements of the stress tensor contain flux density squared.  When you do a harmonic analysis, you are the flux density varies sinusoidally at a frequency of w.  When you square a sinusoidally varying quantity, you get one component at DC, and another component at 2W.  The program is just computing both of these component.  The 2x part of the torque is a complex value--the abs of the 2x force represents the amplitude of the 2x force, and the arg of the 2x force represents the phasing of the force.  If F2x is the complex-valued 2x force, you'd represent it in terms of time as Re[F2X (Cos[2Wt]+j*Sin[2Wt])]

Anyhow, also check out: