Pseudo 3D

Dave,
I had an idea you might want to kick around.
It might be easy for you to do. I don't know for sure.

Right now you can complete a magnetic circuit by using
the "no mesh" boundary. This completes the magnetic
circuit "in-plane" assuming conservation of flux rules.
It would be nice if you could also have
an option to do this in the Z-direction into the screen.
It would assume the same type of function as the "no mesh"
in-plane except it would assume an independent magnetic
circuit "behind the screen" observing the normal conservation
of flux rules. At present you wind up with a cross where
the two magnetic circuits mingle together and you might not
want that. This should be easy to do if all you want to do
is keep the circuits separate and only have interaction
"on screen". Any and all Z plane circuits would be assumed
to be independent, but conservative within their local loop.

I don't even know for sure if this make sense to you.
I might be off base here. But sometimes there are structures
that would need this or you are forced to a true 3D simulator
or you have to just build the thing to find out. Much of
the time building it is cheaper than paying for a 3D program.
It just takes a lot more time than simulating it.

Anyway it is something to consider. This way you don't
have to worry about 3D meshes and can get at least some
3D functionality.

Regards,
Dave Squires