Re: [femm] Axi-symmetric arcs for FEMMVIEW

Dave,

Yes I do need to know the path but it's not be totally arbitrary, it's always circular and I can specify things like the start and end points, the radius and the included angle. I have used the idea of adding an arc to the geometry (which is mentioned in the manual incidentally) but it gets very complicated when the arc I require cuts several different regions rather than being confined to one like that required for a torque calculation. In addition the method is really clumsy when I need to use several different paths in the same solution.

Keith.

But don't you need to know the path of the arc? If you have only end
points the path could be anything, straight line, arc, polygon path.
Who knows? If there is no defined contour what is the point of integrating
over it? I must be missing something....a hidden assumption.

I still think it should be fairly trivial to use the same arc code block in
FEMM and apply it to circular contours in FEMMVIEW. After all
the code is already written, just copy it over and use it.

DRS