Re: [femm] Licence for 3D project??

I would use the GPL. For an open source project that you don't intend to make
a living off of, it does the best job of encouraging others to work on the
project. My $.02 worth.

I was just going to start looking at extending FEMM to 3D myself. I toyed
with the idea some time ago but since I don't know anything about FEA I was
going to have to climb a learning curve. I did look at options for
visualizing the output and I had decided to use Vis-5d+. I was wondering
what to do about input and just last week discovered Pro/Desktop Express.
It's a free 3D CAD system you can download. Right now I'm learning it and
seeing if it can produce files that FEMM could import.

Jim