Re: [femm] Licence for 3D project??

isbaker007 wrote:
Hi all,

I was going through the process of setting up a project in Berlios
for a 3D version of FEMM but on the last step I had to pick which
type of licence to use and was overwhelmed by the range of possible
choices.

Can anyone advise me which to pick?
For starting out a new program on Berlios that is to be developed by a team of people, GPL probably is the best way to go.
Also, I plan to call the project FEMM3D+P (the "+P" bit is for
parallel processing support). Out of due respect for those who have
already done the hard yards with FEMM, it would be fitting to request
permission from David Meeker and other elders of this group to
recycle the FEMM name in this new project. Is that OK with you guys?

regards
Ian BBB

It's OK with me if you call it "FEMM3D".  I've been interested in a 3D version for a while, but I haven't had the time to get anything off the ground myself.  I think it's great that you're taking the initiative to actually get the 3D effort underway.