Triangle - automatic mesh generation

Is there some way to "multiply" the nodes that Triangle generates?

for example, the automatic program very intelligently places more
nodes around "intense" areas of interest. But alas, tends to not put
enough nodes in.

Is there a way to multiply that node generation? I would very much
like to say, "Yeah, perfect, but just make that 10X as many."

Instead, I have to manually create spacing which *always* makes 1000X
too many, because they uniformly distribute.

So I end up making false areas just to have finer resolution, but lua
script plays havoc with shifting these areas.

Any straight forward way to address the requirement of mesh
generation without using all these "work arounds"?

- Robert -