Re: [femm] 500kw motor modeling

Polychronis Vallianatos wrote:
Dear Dave, dear all,
i tried to model a 6kv/500kw/4pole slip ring rotor motor, in the operating condition, with the rotor as squirel cage (rings shorted).
Obviously i miss something because the result is not convenient.
Any comments??

Thanks in advance
chronis

pvallian@xxxxxxxxx
This probably a "bad dxf import" example.  The when the dxf file was created, it wasn't created with enough precision to make a good finite element model--points that should coincide don't, etc.  I've attached a redrawn version of your motor.  The geometry is consistent, but I'm not sure that the currents are defined how you intended them to be.

dmeeker@xxxxxxxx
http://femm.berlios.de/dmeeker