Re: [femm] Bug in move function

Hi Giovanni !!
I use femm3.2(Dec 03, 2002 version). I am not sure if you received Dave's msg
about the Nov10th release. May be your problem is version specific !! I
tried a Lua script ...modelling a DC U core magnet .... moving the keeper
vertically in ten steps. I did'nt face any problem. Later, I tried selecting
the group(the keeper) ... moved it laterally ... did it without any
problems. Once again this may be a version specific problem !!

But just in case you are missing out on some necessary steps :
-Switch to line segment mode and select the line segments that make up the
(moving body)
-Assign them a group(same as the material group)
-Now switch to group mode and select the body as before.
-Try moving laterally & vertically. It should work.

If you've missed out on any of the steps, you should be thru with it now.

Prem Kumar, C

giovanni.bortolan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Dear David
> I have fuond a problem in the preprocessor (I think is is onlu in recent
> versions):
> - click nodes or block label mode
> - click select group mode
> - select an area containing some nodes and block labels
> - click on move selected
> - select horizontal shift and a value
> ---> entities are moved but some block labels are missing
>
> I did not try with segments or arc segments.
> I only tried with horizontal shift ( small shift with respect to the
> selection area)
> Thi problem occours with nov.10 version and with 3.3alfa version
>
> Bye
> _______________________________
> ing. G.Bortolan
>
> Sincro srl
> via Tezze, 3 loc. Cereda
> 36073 Cornedo Vicentino (VI)
> ITALY
> Tel: (++39) 0445 450 500
> Fax: (++39) 0445 446 190
> e-mail: Giovanni.Bortolan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> tecnico.sincro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> http://www.sogagroup.com
>
> REA 194515/VI
> Reg. Imp. 20968/VI 116
> P.IVA 01925820241

--------------982BB05EE2BAF2C1B9A5F248

Hi Giovanni !!
Dave's msg about the&nbsp; Nov10th release. May be your problem is version
specific !! I tried a Lua script ...modelling a DC U core magnet .... moving
the keeper vertically in ten steps. I did'nt face any problem. Later, I
tried selecting the group(the keeper) ... moved it laterally ... did it
without any problems.&nbsp;&nbsp; Once again this may be a version specific
problem !!
that make up the (moving body)
now.
tecnico.sincro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

--------------982BB05EE2BAF2C1B9A5F248--

begin:vcard
n:Kumar;C.Prem Kumar
tel;fax:+91 40 307 3820
tel;home:+91 40 775 1195
tel;work:+91 40 388 2347
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Electromagnetics Group;BHEL Corp.R&D Division
adr:;;Vikasnagar P.O,;Hyderabad;Andhra Pradesh;500 093;India
version:2.1
email;internet:prem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Deputy General Manager
x-mozilla-cpt:;25488