Rif: Re: [femm] Bug in move function

Thank you David,
it was exactly as you supposed. That is a possible problem working with
snap to grid

Another small thing:
When I mirror a geometry the magnetization direction of magnets is not
mirrored,
It seems to be not consistent with rotate operation.

Bye.
_______________________________
ing. G.Bortolan

Sincro srl
via Tezze, 3 loc. Cereda
36073 Cornedo Vicentino (VI)
ITALY
Tel: (++39) 0445 450 500
Fax: (++39) 0445 446 190
e-mail: Giovanni.Bortolan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
tecnico.sincro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.sogagroup.com

REA 194515/VI
Reg. Imp. 20968/VI 116
P.IVA 01925820241

David Meeker
<dmeeker@ieee Per: femm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
.org> Cc:
Oggetto: Re: [femm] Bug in move function
09/12/2002
06:06
Per favore,
rispondere a
femm

giovanni.bortolan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Dear David
> I have fuond a problem in the preprocessor (I think is is onlu in recent
> versions):
> - click nodes or block label mode
> - click select group mode
> - select an area containing some nodes and block labels
> - click on move selected
> - select horizontal shift and a value
> ---> entities are moved but some block labels are missing
>
> I did not try with segments or arc segments.
> I only tried with horizontal shift ( small shift with respect to the
> selection area)
> Thi problem occours with nov.10 version and with 3.3alfa version
>
> Bye

I don't seem to be able to duplicate this problem--have you got a specific
example that you can send to me?

The only way that I can think of that you could "lose" block labels on a
move operation is if you happen to perform a move such that the move would
place the block label either directly on top of a point or a line. In this
case, the program is intentionally written so that the point or line
segment "wins" and the block label vanishes.

dmeeker@xxxxxxxx
http://femm.berlios.de/dmeeker