Re: [femm] winding current setting

Hi JATL !
You've done everything right JATL !!
You have a 3phase(R-Y-B) winding.
Calculate the phase ampere turns for each of the 3 phases for the instant you
want to simulate.
Create circuits Rplus, Rminus, Yplus, Yminus, Bplus, Bminus using the ampere
turns information you have obtained from the previous step.
Next going by the winding diagram select all the sections belonging to phase
R which will have the current coming out of the plane of the paper. Assign
them Rplus. You can group them(as group 1) at this stage.
Again select all sections belonging to phase R which will have the current
going into the plane of the paper. Assign them Rminus. Group them as group 2.

Do the same with the Y phase. Assign them group 3(Yplus) and group 4(Yminus)
also B phase ... assign them group 5(Bplus) ...6(Bminus)
Once you've grouped them, you can use a Lua script for analysis at different
instants of time.
One other point ....Just check if you have selected the right units for
length in the Problem submenu !!
Mail me the model if you think necessary.

Prem Kumar, C

"Penquista66 " wrote:

> Hi everybody
>
> I have de following dilema. I'm simulating a 3-phase winding in
> amagnetoestatic problem, therefore I have to set curren for each
> slot, which are differents due to the time varying behavior. Now
> there are two method taht I beleive I can do that. Fisrt, when you
> select the material you can set de current density for the conductor
> (let's say copper) aabd asing this material to the slot. On the other
> hand, you can set the current using 'circuit' definition and then
> asign this definitio to the slot. Well, I choose the second one. That
> means, I define 18 different circuits ( 36 slot 4 poles) with
> different current each one. For the each slot block I used copper
> (without setting the current density). Following this procedure, I
> got very unreasonable result. Do I made something wrong (I beleive so)
>
> I appreaciate if you guys can help in this point. Do I have to set
> different material for each slot and set the different current
> density or I have to define many different circuits with current but
> using diferent format?
>
> Thanks
>
> JATL

--------------324FF80D11D080358594F82E

Hi JATL !
you want to simulate.
ampere turns information you have obtained from the previous step.
to phase R which will have the current coming out of the plane of the paper.
Assign them Rplus. You can group them(as group 1) at this stage.
current going into the plane of the paper. Assign them Rminus. Group them
as group 2.
4(Yminus)
different instants of time.
for length in the <i>Problem</i> submenu !!
so)

--------------324FF80D11D080358594F82E--

begin:vcard
n:Kumar;C.Prem Kumar
tel;fax:+91 40 307 3820
tel;home:+91 40 775 1195
tel;work:+91 40 388 2347
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Electromagnetics Group;BHEL Corp.R&D Division
adr:;;Vikasnagar P.O,;Hyderabad;Andhra Pradesh;500 093;India
version:2.1
email;internet:prem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Deputy General Manager
x-mozilla-cpt:;25488