Re: How to simulate a short circuit on a few turns to get the leakage inductance when very bad coupling.

--- In femm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, David Meeker <dmeeker@xxxx> wrote:
> john fox wrote:
>
> > Hello every body and happy new year !
> >
> > I did not get any answer from my last question on this
> > subject .
> >
> > So attached two examples at 25Khrz.
> >
> > The geometry is the same
> > Input= 7 turns with one amps each.
> > Output= 4 turns that I want to put on short circuit .
> > How to do that ! Help !
> >
> > I have made a first test TESTV.FEM with Voltage=0 .
> > Not good the current is not the same in each turn. It
> > looks like each turns are individually shorted and not
> > the for 4 turns from one point to another.
> > I have made a second test TESTI.FEM with -1A in each
> > turn. It looks better ! but it is only a guess . I
> > have taken the global current from TestV for the 4
> > wires and divided by 4 which conduct to -1A.
> >
> > So , I need help and advise. How to proceed to be sure
> > of the result in order to have leakage inductance +
> > skin effect losses in the wires!
>
> You can't do what you want with just one simulation. However, you
can
> do it with two. See attached.
>
> Dave.
> --
OK thanks !
So from the Matrix , when V2=0 , I2=-I1*Z2/Z3
This makes when I1=1A+j0A , I2=-1.07A+j0.033A
Theses are the walues that will put in the simulation for V2=0
(secondary shorted). And I will get by that way the losses,
leakage field, strength ...
get the real situation of system with stre