Re: [femm] How to simulate a short circuit on a few turns to get the leakage inductance when very bad coupling.

john fox wrote:

Hello every body and happy new year !

I did not get any answer from my last question on this
subject .

So attached two examples at 25Khrz.

The geometry is the same
Input= 7 turns with one amps each.
Output= 4 turns that I want to put on short circuit .
How to do that ! Help !

I have made a first test TESTV.FEM with Voltage=0 .
Not good the current is not the same in each turn. It
looks like each turns are individually shorted and not
the for 4 turns from one point to another.
I have made a second test TESTI.FEM with -1A in each
turn. It looks better ! but it is only a guess . I
have taken the global current from TestV for the 4
wires and divided by 4 which conduct to -1A.

So , I need help and advise. How to proceed to be sure
of the result in order to have leakage inductance +
skin effect losses in the wires!

You can't do what you want with just one simulation. However, you can do it with two. See attached.

email: dmeeker@xxxxxxxx
www: http://femm.berlios.de/dmeeker