Re: [femm] How is 5 Tesla possible?

It's hard to say what's going on w/out an example.

However, the usual caveats apply. Like in the magnetostatic analyses, the program extrapolates linearly off the end of the B-H curve. Funny results if you rely heavily on extrapolating the B-H curve, rather than interpolating between defined points.

Anyhow, thanks for the posts. This is why I put up this development version--to flush out odd behaviors before a "release" version with the nonlinear time harmonic solver.

Dave.

Robert Macy wrote:

Just downloaded and ran it. Got 8 to 9 Teslas in the tight areas.

??

- Robert -

----- Original Message ----- From: Keith Gregory To: femm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent: Monday, January 13, 2003 6:11 AM Subject: Re: [femm] How is 5 Tesla possible?

Robert,

Harmonic problems (i.e. where frequency is not zero) are solved linearly by
FEMM, it doesn't include saturation so any value of B can be achieved. Dave
has recently produced a development version which can deal with non-linear
problems, which is (I think) currently version 3.3alpha2.

http://femm.berlios.de/femm33src.zip
http://femm.berlios.de/femm33bin.exe

Try that.

Keith.