From: Dave Squires
To: femm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2003 9:27 AM
Subject: Re: [femm] How is 5 Tesla possible?

Check the BH curve of the core material.
Does it take into account saturation correctly?
What is the effective mu and what effective H
do you see in those areas?

I find that if you get the BH curve to be extended
into the saturation region correctly that you start
to see the flux leakage you would expect and the
flux density is better behaved.
Otherwise you can see ridiculous numbers like even
40 or 50 tesla or more. Try to put more points
that are more realistic on the BH curve out into
the high H regions. That should help some. Otherwise
FEMM will just extrapolate at the previous slope
of an unrealistic mu higher than what it should be.

DRS

Robert Macy wrote:
> Just downloaded and ran it. Got 8 to 9 Teslas in the tight areas.
>
> ??
>
> - Robert -

Dave