From: David Meeker [mailto:dmeeker@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2003 8:14 PM
To: femm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [femm] Need BH curve for chromium steel

skirkendall1 wrote:
Need BH curve for chromium steel.
Any help would be appreciated... Thanks In advance
W. S. Kirkendall

400-series stainless steels are examples of chromium steel (e.g. see http://www.spiusa.com/Ref001/martensitic1.html ).  One of the 400 series stainless steel BH curves in the materials library (for example 416 Stainless) might be sufficient for your purposes.  Additional BH curves for many varieties of 400 series stainless steels with different heat treats, etc., are available on the Carpenter website at http://www.cartech.com/  Some of the varieties that they sell are specifically intended for use as core material in magnetic applications.

dmeeker@xxxxxxxx
http://femm.berlios.de/dmeeker