Inductance variation with rotor position in permanent magnet machine

Hello:

I am interested in calculating d axis inductance and q_axis
inductance in permanet magnet rotating machine and their variation
using finite element method. I am wondering whether anybody had done
such calculation and I would like to hear from anyone on this subject.
I have used commercial FE package and use transformation method of
phase inductance to d and q axis inductance, stored energy method and
flux linkage method and each of them provide different answer. Any
opnion why these are so?