RE: [femm] Inductance variation with rotor position in permanent magnet machine

HI,

The inductance calculation via the flux method has errors due the
calculation of this flux.

The energy method is more exactly due the methodology used in FE method.

Energy = (m/2)*L*I^2

m: number of phases
L: inductance
I: current RMS value!

Steps on inductance determination:

1) aply set of current to produce a direct field (file: 00-36.fem)
2) calculate the energy in the gap.
3) Ld = Energy/((m/2)*I^2)
4) aply set of current to produce a quadrature field or rotate the rotor
180/(2p) (file: 45-36.fem)
5) calculate the energy in the gap.
6) Lq = Energy/((m/2)*I^2)

the model attached: synchronous machine; S = 6 kVA; m = 3; V = 220 V; 2p =
4; nominal current (RMS value): I = 15.75 A; number of
conductors/(slot&layer): 6.

Bye.

Ramon Bargallo
Director U.E. d'Electricitat