Sent: Sunday, January 19, 2003 7:26 PM
Subject: Re: [femm] Select nodes and blocks together

The easiest way to do this is to put everything that you want to rotate in the same group.  Then, you can select everything at once and rotate it via.  For example, if you wanted to select everything assigned to group number 2 and rotate it through some angle programmatically, you'd do:

    seteditmode("group")
    selectgroup(2)
    move_rotate(0,0,angle)

There's an example that I put up on the website at http://femm.berlios.de/movie.zip  This is an example of a switched reluctance motor that repeatedly the rotor and saves a bitmap of the solution.  There are also some included programs that convert the saved bitmaps into gif files (imagemagick's "convert" program) and glue them together into an animated gif (via "gifmake").  If I have been careful enough to include all of the right dll's in the distribution, the end product of the script should be a gif movie of the SRM spinning through 30 degrees.

Dave.

Eric wrote:
Hello.
Since a while I have on my web page an interactive magnetic wheel
simulator with FEMM as web service. My next step is to make a movie
of a simulation. My program is now creating a lua-script that, after
saving a bitmap, rotates magnets a few degrees (thanks Dave) and
makes a new bitmap, until 360 degrees.
Not everything have to rotate so I have to select the nodes first
and rotate them (arc and segments are following). Then I have to
select the blocks and rotate. Since I loose the nodes selection
because of chancing edit mode the script has to rebuild from scratch
the next time and make a bigger step to rotate. This is normally no
problem since it takes now 1 minute to generate 36 bitmaps but when
running as a web service I need more speed since I have to convert
to an animated gif as well.

The question is:
Is there a way that I can select nodes and blocks at the same time?
Because then Ican rotate the selection step by step and generated
bitmaps in between.
Thanks,
Eric.

dmeeker@xxxxxxxx