From: bhaskar bollapragada [mailto:bhaskar_77@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 28 January 2003 10:23
To: femm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [femm] (unknown)

Dear Mr.David Meeker,

I tried to model a linear actuator based on lorentz law principle. I have done the simulation without current in the coil and plotted the flux density in perpendicular direction between the magnet and the coil air gap. The flux density is around 0.45T.I took thisvalue and calculated the force experienced by the coil theoritically which is given by F=ILB

= 0.1A*22*10e-3 m*200*0.45T

the coil taken is with 200 turns and the length of the coil is 22mm as the depth of the yoke on which the coil is wound around is 7mm amd breadth is 4mm.

so I get a force of around 0.2N .

I simualted with current density of 1.176A/mm²(as the cross section of the coil designed is 17mm²) and calculated the force experienced by the coil using block integrals loretz force option and multiplied the obtained result with 7mm(which is the depth of coil) but I am getting the force as 0.1N.The difference is almost 50% where I have gone wrong can you suggest.I am sending the femm file as attachment.

thanking you,

your's faithfully,

Bhaskar Bollapragada

Phone Mobile:0049-01795405408
Home :0049-40-55574008
Ebeling straße 1
wg 621d
Hamburg
Germany

This email and any attachments are confidential and are for the
use of the addressee only. If you are not the addressee, you must not
use or disclose the contents to any other person. Please immediately
notify the sender and delete the email. Statements and opinions
expressed here may not represent those of the company.
Email correspondence is monitored by the company.

The parent company of the Renishaw Group is Renishaw plc, registered
in England no. 1106260. Registered Office: New Mills, Wotton-under-Edge
Gloucestershire, GL12 8JR, United Kingdom. Tel +44 (0) 1453 524524