data extraction using lua

Maybe I am missing something, but I am trying to extract the
magnitude of the flux density across a line. Normally I select PlotX-
Y and write file. I want to know how to do this using Lua
scripting. Looking at the manual, I only see getpointvalue(x,y)
which would mean I would have to create a recursive function to get a
150 points between the two points I am looking at. My question is
there a function not documented(or one that I missed) that would do
the same function as stated before and put the data into a file using
Lua scripting exactly like the why the PlotX-Y function does in the
interactive window or do I have to do each point individually? Thank
you for your help and thank you Mr. Meeker for your program.

P.S. Is there any plans to port to Linux/Unix?

- Aakash Jariwala