multiple results using makeplot

I am trying to right a bit of Lua code that will save the result from
each step in a distinct file, or append the results to an existing
file.

In the pre-processor script If I knew how I could incriment the file
name before each "analyse()" call. This would save each solution set.

What may work better may be to pass the iteration step or file name
value to the post-processor script and incriment or change the name
of the file that the "makeplot()" data is saved to (graphical or data
not to important which). Again I dont know how to do this.

I've only been working with the LUA script for 4 afternoons so its
all still new.

My goal is a "slide show" of the tangetial field along a selected arc
as two parts move away from each other.

thanks for the help in advance