Re: Plot-X-Y with LUA

Your question is the same question I asked in post 1771 and Mr.
Meeker answered in post 1772. Batch scripting is easier Mr. Meeker's
way than what Mr. Quinting wrote. Here is what I wrote in my batch
post:

smooth("on")
seteditmode("contour")
addcontour(x1, y1)
addcontour(x2, y2)
makeplot(1, 150, "C:\\data.txt", 0)
exitpost()

Like Mr. Meeker said, the function makeplot is describe on pages 56-
57 of the new manual. Hope this helps.
- Aakash Jariwala

--- In femm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Naasson Pereira de Alcantara Jr."
<naasson@xxxx> wrote:
> Thank you Greg !
>
> "Gregory R. Quinting" wrote:
>
> > Hi Naasson:
> >
> > Below you'll find an example that might come close to what you're
trying
> > to do. It is for generating X-Y data in the case of an axi-
symmetric
> > model, but may run with little or no modification in a square
planar
> > case. Note that it is for points along a horizontal line. The
script
> > can either be run from the post-processor or by another .lua
script,
> > which explains the attention paid to the file issues.
> >
> > Take care,
> >
> > Greg
> >
> > ---
> >
> > -- x/r field plot lua script
> > -- Plots B(real) normal along x/r with y/z at 0 .
> > -- GRQ 020717
> > --
> > -- Units inches.
> > exit_at_end=1
> > xstart=0 -- starting point on x/r, (y/z fixed at zero)
> > xend=1.5 -- ending point
> > numpts=255 -- number of points - 1
> > smooth("off")
> > increment=(xend-xstart)/numpts
> > if not(filename) then
> > -- filename not set - probably running from within
postprocessor already
> > -- use a default name and do not exit postprocessor upon exit
> > filename="plotfile.txt"
> > messagebox("Plot output to file: \n"..filename)
> > exit_at_end=nil
> > end
> > handle=openfile(filename,"w")
> > -- messagebox(filename) -- uncomment for debugging
> > for x=xstart,xend,increment do

Are,Aim,B1re,B1im,B2re,B2im,Sig,E,H1re,H1im,H2re,H2im,Jere,Jeim,Jsre,J
sim,
> > Mu1re, Mu1im, Mu2re,Mu2im,Pe,Ph=getpointvalues(x,0)
> > write(handle,x,'\t',B2re,'\n')
> > end
> > closefile(handle)
> > filename=nil -- (This is this how to "unset" the filename
variable.)
> > if (exit_at_end) then
> > exitpost()
> > end
> >
> > Naasson Pereira de Alcantara Jr. wrote:
> >
> > >Hi !
> > >
> > >I'm a femm user, but I never tried batch executions with Lua
scripting
> > >yet. I would like to do this, including to write the data of
Plot X-Y to

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/