More on experiment

I am now trying to model the result of the field experiment with
FEMM, but seem to be having some difficulties. The experiment was
done by having a stationary 3-axis magnetometer inside a steel pipe
and moving a magnet across and back on the outside.

I thought I could model the expected normal and tangential response
curves in FEMM by building a model with two identical magnets
separated by some distance, and looking at a contour just inside the
casing. However, the plots seem to be assymetrical. Any suggestions
would be welcome as to why FEMM behaves this way.

See file Casing.femm for the model.

Thanks,

Barry