Re: [femm] Re: savebitmap error

Gary,

Just a suggestion, but try saving the image as a metafile. If that works you can convert it to a bitmap for animation afterwards. It might work well enough to at least do what you want.

Keith.

At 01:24 11/03/2003 +0000, you wrote:
--- In femm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, David Meeker <dmeeker@xxxx> wrote:
> bergy50us wrote:
>
> > Like a message thread from last year, I'm getting errors trying to use
> > savebitmap. I'm using it in the post-processor. I'm trying to
> > automate the generation of a number of bitmaps, so I'm running LUA as
> > both a pre- and a post- processor. I've not tried saving in the
> > preprocessor.
> >
> > The commands I entered in the postprocessor were:
> >
> > showdensityplot(0,0,2,0,"mag")
> > savebitmap("movie0.bmp")
> >
> > which then gave me a pop-up window saying:
> >
> > ! Critical error on getting bmp info, possible page fault ahoy
> >
> > Anyone know what this means, or how to fix it?
> >
> > Gary
> >
> This is sort of a "known problem" that I still haven't gotten around to
> figuring out yet. This only appears on some installations. I get this
> error when I try to do hte savebitmap Lua command on the my old win98
> machine, but I don't get in on my other machines that run XP.
>
> Dave.

I've tried a '95 system and a '98 system, both with the same response.
I've tried turning off all accelerations, but to no avail. The
source for LUA includes this identical error message at least 5 or 6
times, so I can't narrow it down, and I don't have the capability to
recompile.
I'll keep watching to see if it changes, since I'l love to make movies
of the varying fields of my solenoid. I doubt, though, that I'll
"upgrade" my OS to get around this.

Gary