Sent: Friday, April 18, 2003 5:39 PM
Subject: [femm] Vector plots + "zoomier"

I've put up patched versions of femme.exe, femmview.exe, beladraw.exe,
and belaview.exe at:

These modified versions implement vector plots of the fields (push the
new arrow button on the tool bar of femmview or belaview), and they are
also modified so that the view can be zoomed in to better than one
millionth of the full-scale geometry, rather than only about one eightieth.

The vectors are just plotted on the grid points at even spacing--you can
make more arrows by changing the grid settings.  I'd been thinking about
plotting arrowheads on the flux lines or something, but it was a lot
easier to just put arrows at evenly spaced grid points.  The arrows are
scaled by default so that the biggest field corresponds to an arrow that
is the same length as the current grid spacing.  In the edit box that
you get when you press the arrow icon, you can change the relative
scaling.  The program plots the vectors on an element-by-element basis,
so that multiple arrows will get plotted at locations where the field is
multi-valued (e.g. interfaces between different materials and corners).
There are preference settings for the vector plots sothat you can have
these plots on or off by default, and so that you can change the color
of the arrows.

These changes aren't yet incorporatedinto the release versions
available from the website at http://femm.berlios.de -- I'll include
these changes to the release versions after I've had a chance get some
feedback.

email: dmeeker@xxxxxxxx
www: http://femm.berlios.de/dmeeker