RE: [femm] SRM Inductance plot at constant current

Hi Brad and other interested users

For some time ago I made a software package ?SRDaS? dedicated to design a
simulation of SR-systems. Information about the software can be found at

http://www.iet.auc.dk/~por/SRDaS/SRDaS.html

If you send me a personal e-mail (por@xxxxxxxxxx) I will give you a link
were you can download the software free.

You can use external FEM results (from for instance FEMM) in the package
to time stepping simulations. But be very care-full to use 2D-FEM results
directly!. It is very common that SRM?s has large end effects in the
unaligned position, which for classical sized machines are in a range of
10-25 %.

The program is dealing static model parameters, which gives reasonable
results at typical operational speeds for electrical motors. I also have
good experience with the program and a practical single phase SRM
operating above 50.000 rpm.

I think you may deal with a very strange application (or some funny
limitations) since you are using a four phase machine were the iron-losses
may become a very serious problem.

Regards
Peter Omand Rasmussen