RE: [femm] SRM Inductance plot at constant current

I corrected my current value and I am getting the results I expected. The analysis I ran assumes constant current throughout the stroke angle. I am using this analysis as a first iteration design check to get an idea for the magnitude of current I need to produce a certain amount of torque. Here comes the hard part (I think).

I am attempting to simulate the best Ican, a high speed case. The rotor will be commutated at 75,000 rpm. I do realizethe torque profile will take on a different shape at this speed. The current needs a finite time to build in the coil. I was wondering what is the best way to perform a pseudo time stepping integration.

The inductance is a function of rotor position and coil current. This becomes an interesting differential equation to solve in my opinion. I was thinking of stepping the rotor in small finite angles in FEEM. Each time adjusting the current in the blocks to better simulate the “real world” case. Would it be sufficient to just re compute the current value at each rotor position withsimple current rise time formulas, inserting the appropriate incremental inductance value each time? The conduction angle happens very fast when the rotor is spinning at 75,000. We are talking micro seconds in this case.

I realize I may be trying to do something that may not be done easily in FEMM.

Many thanks,

Brad