Re: [femm] 1008 properties

Bill:
Our manufacturer uses 1008 steel as well. From my reading, the magnetic
properties of 1006 and 1008 steel are very close; and, in practice,
simulations with 1006 closely match measurements of actual motors forged
from 1008 steel.
If you find discrepancies, it is more likely a ferrite issue. I found that
to get meaningful results, I had to define the ferrite from measurements of
real samples from the manufacturer. The published B-H curves are only a
starting point. By measuring several motors and adjusting the ferrite
definition I was able to improve the BL match between the simulation and
measured motors from ~15% to under 5% for a wide variety of motor
geometries. Hopefully this helps.

Tim