Speed Sensor

David,

I want to simulate a speed sensor using FEMM. I am new to this program and
its capability. I will describe the problem briefly here. I have a permanent
magnet and attached to it is a core (1010 steel). There are 5000 turns of
wire on it. At the end of the core/coil assembly, there is a gear wheel of
ferrous material. As the wheel rotates it creates flux in the coil and hence
an emf generated of ac voltage. Now I want to develop a model to see the
relationship between no of turns, core material, the air gap (between gear
tooth and core) and magnet strength. The idea is to get a linear curve
between the speed and the induced voltage. Can the FEMM model this and if so
can someone show a direction. Thanks in advance.

Vijay