Re: [femm] PM design - Simulation results far from Prototype results....

Dear Tony,
the results I have with using femm indicates that some thing else is wrong in your real world implementation. My real world results is normaly at max 5% out from the simulations. Are you sure about your quality of steel? It only takes a small lead contenst to render the magnetic quality of the steel virtually useless. How about the quality of the neo? You say 35N, but are you sure? There's many qualities comming out of 'ping-pong land'. Is the neo fully and optimally magnetized? It takes a very serius magnetizer to fully charge the circuit.
Best regards
A1greatdane

tonyrouget <tonyrouget@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear All,

First of all, thanks David for your great software!!

I have a quick question:

Did anybody already experienced any problems to relate Femm
simulation results with the real world??

And if Yes, what could be the cause of the simulation error.???

In other words, I have designed a loudspeaker motor assembly with
Neodymium 35 and I was expecting 1.2 to 1.4T in the airgap.
Confident of my design and simulation results I built a prototype and
could only get 0.8T Maximum in my Airgap with the Gaussmeter..

I am using 1018 Steel and Neo 35H. I've been inputing the tech specs
of my magnet and editing a new model in my library..

If you had already experienced simulation problems, please give me
your input..

Regards
Tony

Do you Yahoo!?