Re: [femm] Plots of Je

Here is more on my problems plotting Je....

*IF* the conductor has zero conductivity (as in a wire bundle), then the
plots of Je and Js+J_eddy all make sense whether the current is defined by
Js in the materials section or whether it is defined as a total current in
the circuit section.

*IF* the conductor has nonzero conductivity (as in a solid wire) *and* the
current is defined by total current in the circuit section, the answers all
make sense with the plot of Js+J_eddy being appropriate. However, Je by
itself goes way wonky inside the conductor. Outside the conductor where
there is no source current flowing the plots are still correct. Conclusion:
Only use Js+J_eddy.

*IF* the conductor has nonzero conductivity (as in a solid wire) *and* the
current is attempted to be defined as Jsource in the materials section, then
the analysis really shifts the value of the source current and the results
are useless. Can't remember about the plots, but the errors make them
worthless. Conclusion: Always use circuits to define current in a solid
wire.

Did I misuse the femm program without knowing it? Is a Jsource for
conductive wires just incorrect?

- Robert -