Re: [femm] Re: Can femm model this?

Hi wigstonmagna,

your problem can easely be solved by FEMLAB multiphysics FEM software.
The links: www.femlab.com
and
www.mathworks.com

Hendrik Hasper

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 01:16:50 -0000
"" <andrew_ppp@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
wigstonmagna wrote:
I want to simulate a coil placed between two flat parallel metal plates, with the coil's long axis parallel to the plates. I want to electrically connect the inductance in parallel with the capacitor (the plates) and drive the assembly at AC.
Can this be constructed?
-Andrew

David replied:
Problems that FEMM can simulate have to be either axially symmetric (e.g. a solenoid, speaker driver, etc.) or approximated as planar (e.g. many types of motors). Although your coil may be axisymmetric, the entire arrangement isn't axisymmetric--you can't model it directly with FEMM.

How about planar mode? Will a 2D slice work?