Re: [femm] Re: Can femm model this?

wigstonmagna wrote:
I don't know. We can assume the plates are circular for symmetry's
sake. Then, in planar mode, we'd be either looking down the coil axis
with the plates on opposite sides (left/right or top/bottom), or we'd
be looking at the side of the coil, with the plates above and below.
Can femm model a coil in either of these orientations?

-Andrew

I don't think that there is a good 2D or axisymmetric approximation of your problem.  Since this is the case, you can't model the problem directly with FEMM.

dmeeker@xxxxxxxx
http://femm.berlios.de/dmeeker