Re: [femm] Modelling the new discovery of electrostatic rotation

This isn't new at all. There is actually a leakage current in
the microamp range that when multiplied by the voltage gives
the power as in P = VI. If you raise the voltage to 25KV
to 35KV you get some pretty strong rotation if allowed to
rotate freely. You only have to allow the center sphere
to rotate. Plus you can do this experiment with coke cans
(cylinders) and get a line concentration of charge between
cylinders instead of a point concentration with spheres.
To see this go here:

http://jnaudin.free.fr/html/pftm2.htm

There is even a video of this running with a model airplane
propeller. This was done a couple of years ago.

DRS