Re: boundary-conditions

--- In femm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Edgar Peralta <eperaltas@xxxx> wrote:
> Hello everybody
>
> David, thank you for femm, it is great.
>
> I am trying to simulate an induction machine by
> modeling a single-slot only. The model that I am using
> is attached to this mail.
>
> If for any point x on edge AD corresponds a point y on
> edge BC, how can I apply the boundary condition
> Ay=Ax*exp(-j*alpha) along both edges?.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Edgar

The way that the program currently works, one can only apply periodic
or antiperiodic boundary conditions for "linking" two edges together.
This would correspond to your alpha=0 and alpha=Pi cases. You'd have
to change the way that the periodic boundary condition is implemented
in the source code to do an arbitrary angle. The changes to do this
probably wouldn't be too extensive.

dmeeker@xxxxxxxx
http://femm.berlios.de/dmeeker