How to define the current in a circuit

Dear friends,

I am a new comer in using FEMM3.3. When I was learning
the example of DCMagnet, I was a little confused about
the definition of current in the circuit. Due to the
2-D effect, we have to draw two parts for one
excitation coil, and we have to define same current
value "plus" and "minus" circuit for them. What I want
to know is that the value of the current should be the
total current or half of the total current in the
practical coil. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Lefu Zhang