Re: Analysis and design of electromagnetic actuator

Depending upon what type of actuator you are interested in, you might
also check out:
http://www.people.virginia.edu/~ehm7s/MagneticBearings/slides.PDF
http://www.people.virginia.edu/~ehm7s/MagneticBearings/mag_brgs.pdf

These are some practical notes and design guidelines for various sorts
of magnetic bearings.

Dave.