Re: problems with FEMM-4

--- In femm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "ahmad_m_eid" <ahmad_m_eid@xxxx> wrote:
> dear all
> I used femm 3.3 before, when I installed femm 4.0 there are problems
> with me. Befroe in femm 3.3 I write two separate txt file for pre-
> postrocessor because I want to move the magnet and each time calculate
> emf and force. Now, in femm 4.0 when I run the program it doesn't
> write to output files to calculate emf and force.

I had to change the Lua interface somewhat to accommodate having the
pre- and post-processor and multiple problem types addressed all by a
single instance of Lua.

However, having everything inside one Lua instance means having to
redo most scripts from version 3.3. Since there is no separate
postprocessor, there are no separate pre- and post-processor
scripts--it's all in one script. In addition, commands to the
magnetics preprocessor are prefixed by mi_, to the magnetic
postprocessor by mo_, and electrostatic pre- and post-processors by
ei_ and eo_ respectively.

> * Is there Openfemmfile in femm 4.0? I search about it in the manual,
> but I didn't find it.

This has been replaced by open("filename") -- this command is used to
open any .fem, .ans, .fee, or .res file.

> * there's no exitpost() in new version, or runpost()?? to run a
> postprocessor txt file.
>
> * I can't understand mi_loadsolution(), mi_setfocus()

To close a postprocessor window in 4.0, you use mo_close()
To load up a solution (which is sort of equivalent to runpost,
although it's just loading the solution into another window, rather
than running an entirely different program), you use mi_loadsolution()
If there are multiple input geometries that you are editing with Lua
at the same time (which is probably not usually the case), you can
switch between these input filed using mi_setfocus()

> * I want to move the magnet and calculate each time force and emf.
> I did that in femm 3.3 before.

Remember also that 4.0 is still a really early development release.
If you have a lot of stuff written for 3.3, I would really advise
redoing it all to run right in 4.0 just yet.

Dave
dmeeker@xxxxxxxx