Info from 6dof

Info from 6dof.com, finite element and simulation web portal.

Hello all,

Our new finite element and simulation web portal 6dof.com is open since Monday 8th September.

After one month monitoring the activity, we can make some few statements:

  • More than 50000 pages were viewed during the past month.
  • More than 280 persons have registered on our site.
  • Many people have sent or posted messages to encourage our project, thinking it is a real expected answer for end users and it is unique.
  • People have started to post articles, reviews, tools to downloads andweb links.

Hence, we are very glad to see our site live, thanks to you!

But this is now, that we most need your help and participation?
Come and publish our own articles, news or reviews!
Share data with the whole community and see how much it is rewarding.

We want this site to become a knowledge base, so help us to do it.
Here is a list of further considerations or general thinking that may give you some ideas...

It has been suggested to create a "Hints and Tricks" FAQ around FEA to help beginners. This is a great idea and a great challenge. A specific discussion forum has been created for that. A list of questions and their corresponding answers has to be built. So do not hesitate to join the discussion to buildthis list or provide resources. This forum is a kind of brainstorming. Any idea is welcome. Jump to the "Hints and Tricks" discussion.

By the way, a discussion forum is a place where any question can be discussed. All forum are monitored daily by our moderators to track all questions. Give it a try. You won't be disappointed. Forums are great toolsthat we use to construct part of the 6dof knowledge base. This is the main advantage compared to a mailing list where discussion threads are usually not archived and where search tools are generally rather poor.

Some new forums have recently been added:

There is other area where you can help us.
The download section is our toolbox and it must be filled. You certainly own non-proprietary tool to exchange with other engineers.
Feel free to upload any of them, (System, Macro language, Text editors, Fortran, Unix shell etc.). All kind of resource is welcome. We would like our site to become a free sharing area. But we need you to play the game.
Our wish is to reproduce what has been done in many other websites around the free software world.

By the way, we have opened a discussion about the advantage of GPL licenses in the field of CAE software. Indeed, GPL (General Public License) is something that can be really interesting for the CAE community. It can help any developer to share work or to improve his solution thanks to resources available in the whole community. It has already proven its wide possibilities in other domains. So feel free to join the discussion and give us your opinion. ("Shared FEM development and GPL licensing" discussion)
Knowledge and experience is something that must be shared.
If you agree with that, then join us on 6dof.com and contribute to enlarge our resource base.

Best Regards,

Victor, 6dof administrator
contact@xxxxxxxx
www.6dof.com