Re: [FEMM] Compatibilty problem ?

Fabio wrote:

Hello all.
I opened the example "Inductance calculation example" , file induct1.fem
with femm3.3.
The units are inches, but the depth of the inductor is 39.3700787401575 and
not 1 inch as described in example ...

What happened ?

thanks and best regards

Fabio

I wrote that example before FEMM has the "depth" parameter included. Before that time, it was assumed that all results were per meter of length in the into-the-page direction. For compatibility, if there is no depth parameter in the file, it assumes that the depth is 1 meter, in whatever the current units are--thus the 39.37 inches. I will fix this particular example so that the depth actually comes up as 1 inch--thanks for pointing this out.

dmeeker@xxxxxxxx
http://femm.berlios.de/dmeeker