Re: [FEMM] velocity calculation

Ahmad Eid wrote:
Dear all

I use femm and lua scripts to calculate the force for linear machine.
I just move the translator and then calculate.

Is there a way to calculate the velocity of the translator?

and how can I calculate the kinetic energy in this case?

any suggetion or any site will be good

thanx all

ahmad
To find velocity, you have to have some equations of motion for the mechancial system that the force is driving.  It is possible to integrate these equations numerically inside your lua script that does force vs. position, or you could take your force vs. position & current information and use them as input to a separate program in which you integrate the equations of motion.

Senior Engineer
Foster-Miller, Inc.
350 Second Avenue
Waltham, MA 02451-1196